The Mental Health Benefit of Exercise
- Benefit of Exercise: Boost Energy, Prevent & Fight Illness, Reduce stress, Improve Mood & mental Health and Helps with sleep.
- How Exercise influence Mental Health: Exercise promotes chemicals in the brain that improve your mood and make you more relaxed. If you exercise regularly, it can reduce your stress and symptoms of mental health conditions like depression and anxiety, and help with recovery from mental health.
- Exercise and depression: Exercise is a powerful depression fighter, as Running for 15 minutes a day or walking for an hour reduces the risk of major depression by 26%. In addition to relieving depression symptoms, one must maintain an exercise schedule which can prevent you from relapsing.
- Exercise and anxiety: Exercise is a natural and effective anti-anxiety treatment. It relieves tension and stress, boosts physical and mental energy. Try to feel the sensation arise during the exercise or running, really focusing on your body and how it feels as you exercise – you will not only improve your physical condition faster but you may also be able to interrupt the flow of constant worries.
- Exercise and stress: Have you ever noticed that how your body feels when your are in Stress ? Your muscles may be tense, especially in your face, neck, and shoulders, leaving you with back or neck pain, or painful headaches. Exercising is an effective way to break this stress problem. A Physical activity helps to relax the muscles and relieve tension in the body. Since the body and mind are so closely linked, when your body feels better so, too, will your mind.