The Kapil Sharma Show : Stand-up Comedian Television Series
The Kapil Sharma Show is an Indian Hindi stand-up comedy and talk television series which premiered on 23 April 2016 and is broadcast by Sony Channel.Development began in December 2015, when Sharma announced his plans to create a new show for a Hindi general-entertainment channel other than Colors TV.
The Kapil Sharma Show revolves around Sharma and his team of comedians, including Kiku Sharda, who play residents of the Shantivan Non-cooperative Housing Society. Each episode features Bollywood celebrities, who usually promote their latest film, and joke with the cast. Navjot Singh Sidhu plays a permanent house guest who impresses the celebrities with his Urdu Poetry
The Kapil Sharma Show received a mixed reception from critics and audiences. Liking the characters of Sunil Grover and Ali Asgar but saying that “the series has big shoes to fill considering how successful their earlier show Comedy Nights With Kapil was.Chaya Unnikrishnan of Daily News and Analysis gave the series two stars out of five but said, “Kapil Sharma’s wit and funny one-liners bring a smile“. Letty Mariam Abraham of Mid Day said: “The whole look and feel of the new set is interesting, even if the jokes are old“. However, “Kapil brings nothing new to the plate and it seems like waste of the prime time slot.
Unknown facts about Kapil Sharma show
- The host Kapil Sharma was selected to be among the top 100 celebrities by Forbes India.
- After the cancellation of Comedy Nights with Kapil by Colors TV, Colors TV removed the show from YouTube.
- The Entry to this show is free of cost, and by invitation only.
- The show is shoot in Mumbai’s Goregaon Film city.
- Nothing is allowed inside the studios. Your mobile is also deposited there safely. As nothing is allowed sometimes you are offered dinner by 9 or 10 pm.
- The shoot begins at 1 pm. The part of the show without guest is shot first. This shoot continues till 6 pm. During these 5 hours you are not allowed to move, talk or even drink water.
- Crew and Director come and ask the audience to laugh on every dialogue.
- On 22 December 2015, The Times of India reported that Sharma had decided to end his Comedy Nights with Kapil series and might move it to Star Plus or Sony TV with a new title because of his unhappiness with Colors TV.