5 Best Weekends Getaways For People In North-Indian Cities
Too much work stress? Need a stress relieving weekend? Need something different and happening? Well! Life in cities can be hard sometimes because of same monotonous schedules, but there are always some places around these cities which can help you recharging your body and mind. Here I suggest a few such places in North India. These weekend getaways will surely make you feel inspired and full of positivity.
1. Mussoorie: also known as ‘queen of hills’ is a small hill station located about 35km from Dehradun city. The weather here remains cool throughout the summer season and is quite cold during winter season. The place has facilities of luxury hotels as well as affordable guest houses. There are many site seeing places around here, few of which are Mall road, Gunhill, Kempty Falls and Cloud End etc. The very weather of the place and beauty of the green mountains all around will revive your spirits.
2. Shimla: is another hill station which is situated in Himachal Pradesh. It is about 113km from Chandigarh city. The weather here is cool throughout summer and the place remain snow covered during winter which makes is no less than a fairy tale for the city people. The place has accommodation available in all price ranges. The place is highly influenced by British culture. Here you can enjoy a toy train ride from Solan to Shimla which has around 102 tunnels during the course and Christ Church, a church from British times is another place you can visit etc. The way to Shimla passes through a wildlife reserve so if u get lucky you will even get to see some rare Indian bird species.
3. Nainital: if you feel like doing something sporting and challenging this weekend this is the place you should visit. It is about 300km from Delhi. The way to this heavenly place of nine lakes passes through the forests of Ramnagar and then cotton like cloud covered mountains. Here you can get a room at an affordable price with the beautiful view of Naini lake. Here you can visit the seven lakes, can also try adventure sports like paragliding and don’t miss out to visit High Altitude Zoo, which is situated on a hill and is mostly foggy and homes many rare species. The place is majestic and is best one to get away from noisy city life for a while.
4. Rishikesh: also known as ‘Place of Sages’ is located about 250km from Delhi and one can easily reach here by bus, train or flight. The place is famous for camping, white river rafting, yoga, spiritual learning and trekking expeditions. It is the place where the pilgrims begin there ‘Char Dham’ journey. It located on the banks for river Ganges and is an ideal place for charging your soul with positive energy.
5. Landsdowne: It is located about 150km from the Dehradun city and is ideal for people who seek quiet and least crowded places. The place has a deep impact of British culture which can be seen in most old buildings here. Adventure activities like trekking, bird watching and boating etc. can be done here. The pleasant weather and immaculate environment of this place leaves an immortal impact on the tourists.
You can contact me at email@example.com for further details about these places J.