FACE FOUNDATIONS – 5 Types of Formulas You Should Know🖍
WHAT IS FOUNDATION MAKEUP?
Foundation is a form of face makeup. This product is used all over your face to create an even base—or foundation—for the rest of your makeup. This product is meant to act as the groundwork for your makeup look. The right formula can help cover blemishes, correct your skin tone, blur imperfections, and create an overall smooth and even canvas.
When you go down the makeup aisle, there are five main foundation formulas you’ll likely notice.
1. Liquid foundation. One of the most popular options for foundation, liquid foundation, is just what it sounds like—foundation that has a liquid formula.
2. Cream foundation. This type of foundation has a creamier, thicker consistency. It’s also usually a great option for those with dry skin.
3. Powder foundation. If you have oily skin, you may find yourself turning to a powder formula. While you can layer on the powder formula, they generally offer lighter coverage.
4. Serum foundation. A trendy foundation type, serum foundation, is a variation of your standard liquid foundation. Its formula contains a serum, making it a skin care and makeup hybrid.
5. Water-based foundation. Those with acne-prone skin may find themselves turning to a water-based foundation. Another liquid foundation option, this foundation includes water as its main ingredient and is generally free of oils.