Common Sense for a Great Life
Common sense is the most important yet most misunderstood Learnable-Skill – it is a trait/quality, which is essential and indispensable for having wonderful relationship, success, growth, prosperity, happiness, survival, beating stress etc.
When it becomes your second nature, the common sense gets transformed into Wisdom.
Common sense is a great aid for making life simple and easy. At its core, Common sense is simplifying life, finding real-time and practical solutions to complex problems.
It is a skill that can be developed, by practicing it consciously, while facing difficult and challenging situations, as well as people. This can also be used for developing your personality as well as growth in all other aspects of life.
The story given in italic [only this complete paragraph is taken from internet] about Albert Einstein’s driver, who used to sit at the back of the hall during each of his lectures, and after a period of time, the driver told to Albert Einstein that he could probably give the lecture himself, having heard it several times. So at the next stop on the tour, Albert Einstein & the driver switched places, with Albert Einstein sitting at the back, in driver’s uniform. The driver gave the lecture, flawlessly. At the end, a member of the audience asked a detailed question about some of the subject matter, upon which the lecturer replied, ‘well, the answer to that question is quite simple, I bet that my driver, sitting up at the back, there, could answer it…’.
The last line is what can be termed as wit but is a great common sensical way to come out of tight jams, that all of us face in life, time to time.
In other words, you don’t need to be a doctorate [in fact relying on only your knowledge learned through rote-learning, makes us impractical-intellectual to impress others] to exercise common sense.
Common sense is a trait you develop through purposeful awareness and by practicing these, thorough self-disciplines to form into a habit.
Once you understand the basics of common sense, practicing it towards turning it into your most usable strength, becomes easy.
In all of these basics there are imbedded solutions as well, many of these are given in detail in my blogs in “From the Heart of Subhashis” section
Few Basic to make Sense out of Common Sense
- You can-not achieve any result, without a supportive action
- Success definitely has elements of Luck, but Luck only starts working when you have done all the homework, legwork, brainwork
- If you do not have your own goals and priorities, you would be living life as per other people
- For all your problems, only you can take actions to solve them
- Then again, only you can find solutions for your own problems
- Most of the time the problems that we face are either a consequence of our previous actions/inactions or indicators for the immediacy of taking action to change ourselves in that area
- All the complex problems have very simple solutions, only need is to see it from different paradigm
- If you focus on minor things, you become a major in minor. That is to say that your life is what is called average or common man’s life, so you become part of the crowd. Therefore, identify and focus only on those 20% activities that give you 80% results
- Although you can-not do everything, in every impossible situation there are few things that are within in your area of control. And if you take actions towards them, slowly the once impossible starts turning into possible and possibilities
- Changing others is fully impossible venture, even to dream
- Most of our pains, angers, sorrow, frustration etc comes from our expectations and comparing with others
- If you feel you are being used, it is because you have given the permission to others to use you
- When we proactively look for changes and prepare and adopt ourselves for change, the life becomes exciting and our growth gets into fast lane. It also reduces our stress to a great extent
- When you stop learning, stop dreaming, stop improving yourself – you are no longer alive
- The most important things are not the materialistic and glamour things, but Wonderful Relationship, Health, Happiness. When we focus on the external elements, we end up being dependent on others and external sources/things to give us pleasure as we lose sight of happiness => for full content https://www.successunlimited-mantra.com/index.php/blog/using-common-sense-in-life