Happiness-The Key to Health
Be Crazy. Be Stupid. Be Weird. Be Silly. Be Whatever. Because Life is too short to be anything but HAPPY
Whoever said this knew the secret of a Healthy and Fulfilling Life. Happiness is something we all experience from time to time but we all let it slip away while going through various day to day mundane routine jobs of Life. Instead we let dispute, disturbance, turbulence overtake our thoughts causing us unnecessary Stress which in turn leads to disturbances in our physical Well Being.
What is Happiness? It is a calm state of mind when winds of peace are blowing and only positive thoughts dwell in the house of our Brain. It is a state of contentment, fulfilment, satisfaction which gives us an utter sense of peace mentally in turn letting our physical state be maintained Healthy .The Happy state generates lots of energy and gives rise to optimal efficient working of our brain. It also stimulates our Sub Conscious mind to be in an auto healing and regenerating mode thus boosting our Auto Immune system to resist as well as fight diseases.
As per WHO, Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Research results emphasize that positive mood within the normal range is an important predictor of health and longevity. Happiness and positive mood are the absence of Anxiety, Anger, Agitated and troubled state of mind in other words absence of Stress.
In today’s highly competitive world everybody experiences Stress due to personal or professional reasons. It can be work related, relationship related or simply due to the high pace of life and absence of adequate physical rest and relaxation. All this acts as a catalyst and we lose our happy state of existence experiencing symptoms related to health disorders like high blood pressure, erratic heartbeat, aches and pains in the body. We need to learn to de-stress and regain our Happiness back. Our brain secretes Serotonin – The Happiness hormone which gets disturbed whenever we are under stress. Deficiency of Serotonin in Human body causes symptoms of Depression, Anxiety and Indigestion as well.
Few easy ways to manage stress and regain our happy healthy state are
- Do exercise daily or at least 6 days a week. Exercise regulates Serotonin and helps us de stress and achieve a sense of calmness.
- Spend Time outdoors. We get exposed to Bright Light naturally when we spend time outdoors. This is proven to be a Feel Good Factor and elevate mood as it aids Serotonin release.
- Pay adequate attention to your diet. Have balanced meals with high protein content and less of fat. Eat healthy portions easily digested. Avoid overeating. This will aid in sleeping better as well.
- Get enough rest. Sleep is known to be a Major source of energy in addition to Food. 7-8 hours of daily sleep relaxes our body and helps it to recuperate as well. Our Inner strength and mechanism heals us automatically when we sleep peacefully for required number of hours.
- Keep a hobby for a lifetime as your best friend. Choose your own method to get back your balance and achieve happy state. It could be listening to music, reading a book, watching TV, talking to people, gardening or just lazing. Whatever it is do it daily to attain your Calm state and Stay positive. Never end your day on an agitated note. You will be healthier.
- Ban the negative thoughts from entering your mind. Consciously change your thought process. Always think positive. Negative expressions of emotion like anger, hatred, fear, worry should not be allowed entry into your life. Make an effort to stay positive always and empower your Sub conscious mind to activate the law of attraction and work in your favour. The laughter clubs are also trying to achieve this by suggesting laughter to the human brain and letting go of all negativity. We see number of Senior citizens doing this in numerous parks around us every day.
Do notice the change in your heartrate and breathing pattern every time you get angry and agitated. The blood pressure goes up, breathing becomes faster and shallow and hormone secretion alters within our body in this state causing stress and harming us physiologically. Similarly in case of negative thoughts like anxiety, fear, worry taking over our brain our breathing pattern alters and affects the functioning of our body.
Make the choice of being Happy and Healthy. Let go of the worries, fears and stress. Avoid conflict and Stay Calm. Happier people are known to heal faster and stay healthy for longer span of time. So SMILE and be Happy. It improves your face value too.