DU Committee Approves New Courses for Next Academic Session….
It is raining Add-on Courses in DU. These courses range from Communication Skills to Nanotechnology to Vedic Mathematics. Students who have enrolled for any normal Bachelor Programme can apply for these short-term courses that can be spread over two to eight months.
These courses enhance a students skills and looks good on a CV,” said Kanika Khandelwal, media coordinator of LSR College. “If you are applying for a job, a certificate course in a language like German or French that we offer is of great help,” she said.
Courses in all the colleges are open only to their own students but Gargi also allows outside students. Enrollment start after admissions are over and the new session begins.
DU Committee Approves NEW Courses ….
Delhi University’s standing committee on courses on Monday gave its approval for a number of courses for different colleges. These courses will now be placed before the Academic Council and Executive Council for their Final approval.
“This has been the long standing demand of several colleges. So after the Delhi University officials went and inspected the colleges in terms of their Infrastructure and faculty, approvals and recommendation to the courses were given,” said Nachiketa Singh, Member of Academic Council and Standing Committee.
Sources said the university during its scrutiny also turned down the request by some colleges who had requested to start these courses.
1. BSc (honours) Mathematics
2. BA (honours) History
3. BA (honours) Economics
4. BA (honours) Hindi
5. BA (honours) psychology
6. BA (honours) Sanskrit
7. BA (honours) Hindi journalism
8. BVoc in Human Resource Management
9. BVoc in Office Management and Secretarial Practices
10. BVoc in Marketing Management and Retail Business..
Some Courses Announced Added in Colleges of Delhi University
1. BSc Forensic Science at SGTB Khalsa College
2. Mathematics (hons) at Gargi College and Delhi College of Arts and Commerce
3. Mathematics, History, Computer Science and Psychology (hons) at Aryabhatta College
4. Sociology (hons) at Indraprastha College for Women
5. BVoc Courses in Printing Technology and Web Designing in Kalindi College
6. BVoc Courses in Banking and Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) Sector (banking operations) and Software Development in Ramanujan College
7. Advanced Diploma Courses in TV Programming and News Production in Maharaja Agrasen College
8. Bachelors in Vocational Studies (BVoc) Courses in Healthcare Management and Retail Management and IT in Jesus and Mary College