AN INVENTION WHICH CAN SAVE LIVES OF MILLION PEOPLE
Over 50,000 women are FOUND TO BE SUFFERING FROM BREAST CANCER a year in the UK, and one in eight will develop it at some point in their lifetime. Detecting it early is very Crucial.
According to the OECD- In Mexico, getting a mammogram is very difficult and lengthy way, with only 9.5 mammography machines per million people.
Julian Rio Cantu a 18 Year Old ( Teenager ) Designed the Bra, which can detect signs of Breast Cancer– The only thing we could say is that an Invention which could save Lives of Millions of People
His mother was suffering from Breast Cancer which resulted in a Double Mastectomy after years battling the disease. This Inspired him to develop such Auto Exploration Bra which has 200 Censors in it and can easily Detect Early Stages of Cancer.
Cantu says it is “devoted to boosting women’s quality of life by attaining a professionalization of the self exploration method for the early and effective detection of breast cancer”.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF BREAST CANCER:
- A change in size or shape of the breast
- A lump or thickening that feels different from the rest of the breast tissue
- Redness or a rash on the skin and/or around the nipple
- A change in skin texture such as puckering or dimpling
- Discharge (liquid) that comes from the nipple without squeezing
- Nipple becoming inverted or changing its position or shape
- A swelling in the armpit or around the collarbone
- Constant pain in the breast or armpit
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN:
- Most changes are likely to be normal or due to a benign (not cancer) breast condition
- If you notice a change, visit a GP as soon as possible
- A GP may feel there is no need for further investigation or may refer you to a breast clinic
- If you do not feel comfortable with a male GP, ask if there is a female GP available
Source: Breast Cancer Care
HOW IT WORKS
This bra only has to be worn for one hour a week, so it doesn’t interfere with daily life. After its sensors, map the surface of the breast as well as texture, color and temperature, it relays the data to a computer or smartphone app via Bluetooth, where it is processed by a neural network.
Heat sensors are able to detect blood flow, which often suggests that blood is feeding cancer cells.
“TOGETHER LETS GIVE WOMEN A BETTER CHANCE AT LIFE”.