The objective of keeping the mind sharp can be achieved by having innovative ideas, situation handling, mental ability, and having background information, which helps to keep your mind sharp and creative.
Important points to keep the mind sharp are as follows:
1) Continue reading, absorbing knowledge and experiencing culture. Education is not preparation for life, education is life itself. It should be something pleasurable and done for internal reasons above all else. Read blogs on subjects, both, within your field and in new fields’ structure, read books, watch lectures on fascinating new subjects and ideas, read about ancient societies and take in a new form of art you’ve never experienced, and you get the idea. Challenge your mind to continuously broaden your horizon and saturate yourself with information like an infinite idea and thoughts.
2) Learn a skill or craft that you’ve never tried before, like playing an instrument, composing music, building a model airplane, or even coding computer programs. Engage your mind in learning a new skill. You are never too old to do this but this is definitely something defined that you should start as young as you can. You’ve been surprised how much learning a new skill will open up many new paths in your mind and help you becomes even better at whatever you are already an expert at. You’ll also open yourself up to tons of new connections and belonging to social circles by engaging yourself in a new hobby form of art or trade.
3) To improve memory do not write everything down. If weather you can try this for a week and write down everything you need to do right at the beginning of the week as you normally would, but take your list and put it out of sight. Instead of keeping that list visible at your desk, to make something internal your projects and simply remember and know what needs to be done, to arrange it in your mind, and do it. Your brain is extremely powerful and you will find a way that in time you may not have to write anything down to remember each and everything.
4) Give your mind time to absorb knowledge, that we live in a culture and that we are constantly absorbing experiencing and learning new things and taking in new information. This is a great thing, that I’m not going to go into information overload, I don’t really believe in that anyway. But in your process of acquiring new skills, knowledge and life experiences, internal analysis of yourself what you have learned and where you are going is vital way to put everything in proper perspective. Some people do it well during running and others through listening to music, and some people through making art. Though, find your own place that allows you to absorb all you have learned and frequent it often.
5) Eat well and have a good sleep, often giving your mind the proper rest and energy is essential to getting the best performance out of it. This one is pretty self-explanatory but people might often forget that you must need proper fuel and proper rest to function optimally. And also putting your physical body through the proper route is a sure fire way to relaxing yourself mentally. If you are ever feeling stressed out of inspiration or may be depressed, a few days of nutritious food and good sleep and vigorous exercise will make you back to your full self soon enough.